I’m still planning some of my events and workshops, so if you’re looking for something specific, just ask. In the meantime, here’s a hint of what’s in store.
Talks and events
Interactive bookshop or library workshop
1. Could you sneak into giant school? (1 hour)
- Prepare to sneak into giant school Harvey-Small style
- Learn about everything you might encounter: the food, the lessons, the creatures…(taking inspiration from other giant legends and stories)
- Plan your giant disguise
- Write your own giant story
- Get your book signed and stamped
2. Create a swamp creature (45 minutes)
- Meet me … and a swamp creature from SMALL!
- Create your own creature
- Write and illustrate your own swamp creature story
- Get your book signed and stamped.
1. Journey to the Stinking, Sinking Swamp (30 mins)
- Meet me
- Hear two short extracts from Small!
- Journey into the swamp … and meet a swamp creature you’ve created
- Ask me anything about being a writer
2. 101 ways to be a writer
When I was growing up I thought there were only two ways to become a writer: be an author or be a journalist. But now I’ve worked as a writer for a good 15 years (and only become an author this year) I know that’s not true. So if your class is looking for some career inspiration meet me to:
- talk about lots of ways you can write for a living
- hear about a few writing jobs I’ve done
- have a go at being a business writer
- learn what it takes to get a book published
- ask me anything about being a writer.